Friday, November 16, 2012

Squash Soup with Horseradish Creme

Vegies, especially vegies for soup! Using up the tried and true but with a bit of a difference.

 I love squash soup. Mostly I've made curried squash soup, but the point of this exercise is to try something a little different. I've had a butternut squash sitting in my larder for a bit, and I've toying with what to do with it. Going through my recipe books I found one for Squash Soup with a Horseradish Creme. Now that's a bit different. Horseradish is not something I would ever consider using with squash. This soup had all the regular ingredients, including a bit of curry seasoning. The creme was just that, a mixture of creme, horseradish and a bit of lemon.

Very pleasant and unexpected on the tongue. Even better when mixed into the soup so that it permeates every spoonful. Will definitely do this again! Maybe even for company.


No comments: