Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Kohlrabi and Ham Bake with Mustard Sauce

Vegetables can be so boring. The tendency to have the same rotation of six or eight varieties. So now and then I do like to venture out and buy something a bit more rare for our table. This time its kohlrabi which I have had from time to time, always raw. So to find a recipe that looks good, I searched on line and through my own cookbooks. Not too many recipes for this vegetable, so I'm not the only one who does not use it too often. Finally I combined two recipes and came up with this Kohlrabi and Ham Bake. I decided on a mustard sauce in stead of the heavy cream sauce in the original recipe. And I decided to add cooked sliced egg on top. Turned our to be a hit. We love the taste of the cooked kohlrabi, with the bite of mustard and the saltiness of the ham. Will do this again.


No comments: