Thursday, December 13, 2012

Herb and Sun Dried Tomato Pull Apart Bread

I decided to try a "pull apart bread" to take to this Christmas pot Luck lunch. I found several recipes, but settled on one for a herb and garlic pull apart bread. Little change... drop the fresh garlic and add chopped sun dried tomatoes. Thought it might add the right colour. Not even close.

Nice recipe with an egg as well as oil for moisture. After the first rising, the bread is cup up into small pieces, rolled into  an olive oil infused with fresh chopped herbs etc and arranges into a pan. It called for a straight sided tube pan which I don't have so I used a pie pan with a small bundt pan in the centre. Well my pull apart bread became a fall apart bread even before it was baked. I can see why the tube pan.

Nice flavour, although I would skip the sun dried tomatoes, since they just became dark and crunchy. If I were to do this again, I would use a tube pan, or bake it in a square or rectangular baking dish.





No comments: